Key Functions Performed by JBIC
JBIC conducts operations to fulfill the following four fields in order to contribute to the sound development of Japan and international economy and society.
- Promoting the overseas development and securement of resources which are important for Japan
- Maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries
- Promoting the overseas business having the purpose of preserving the global environment, such as preventing global warming
- Preventing disruptions to international financial order or to take appropriate measures with respect to damages caused by such disruption
JBIC will provide support for the development of Japan and international economy to meet their increasingly diverse financing needs through its variety of financial products and other services.
- * In addition to the above functions, JBIC is responsible for making equity investments, loans and other operations necessary for the projects (the public-private partnerships of family housing and infrastructure projects associated with the relocation of U.S. Marine personnel and their dependents to Guam) to facilitate the realignment of U.S. Forces Japan (USFJ), the operations authorized to JBIC under "the USFJ Realignment Special Measures Act."