Ichthys LNG Project in Australia
- Area: Oceania
- Energy and Natural Resources
- [Project Finance]
||Produce and sell 8.4 million tons of LNG, LPG, and condensate annually through the development of an upstream gas and condensate field, the laying of a pipeline, and construction of liquefaction plants.
||Ichthys LNG Pty Ltd in Australia
||Northwest coast of Western Australia (gas and condensate field), Darwin, Northern Territory (liquefaction plants) in the Commonwealth of Australia
||December 18, 2012
||INPEX CORPORATION (INPEX), TOTAL S.A., Tokyo Gas Co., Ltd. (Tokyo Gas), Osaka Gas Co., Ltd. (Osaka Gas), CHUBU Electric Power Co., Inc. (Chubu Electric Power), TOHO GAS Co., Ltd. (Toho Gas)
|Related Japanese Companies
||INPEX, Tokyo Gas, Osaka Gas, Chubu Electric Power, Toho Gas, Tokyo Electric Power Co., Inc. (TEPCO), Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc. (KEPCO), Kyushu Electric Power Co., Inc. (Kyushu Electric Power), and others
|Japanese Cofinancing Banks
||Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd. (Mizuho CB), The Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. (BTMU), Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC), Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, Mizuho Trust and Banking Co., Ltd., and Shinsei Bank, Limited
|Total Cofinancing Amount
||16 billion US dollars
|JBIC Loan Amount
||5 billion US dollars
- The first project in which a Japanese company (INPEX) operates the development of the gas and condensate field to the production of LNG and other petroleum products.
- INPEX and other Japanese companies have approx. 70% interests in the source development project.
- This project will contribute to ensuring Japan's long-term and stable access to energy resources, with about 70% of the LNG produced expected to be supplied to Japan.
- This is one of the largest project finance loans to date in the international financial market.