Here are JBIC's answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Environmental Guidelines.
Click to jump to the relevant section.
8.1Q. Does an English version of the Environmental Guidelines exist?
A. Among JBIC’s borrowers are many foreign companies, governments, and government agencies. The English translation, therefore, has been available for their convenience. If there is any ambiguity in the English version and/or any inconsistency with Japanese version, the Japanese version prevails.
8.2Q. What is FAQ?
A. FAQ or "frequently-asked questions" were prepared for the Environmental Guidelines in order to draw together and help solve the questions and concerns of many concerned parties. If you find it difficult to understand the Environmental Guidelines, it may help to read it in combination with the FAQ.
- Efforts of JBIC for Environmental Conservation
- Environmental Guidelines
- JBIC Guidelines for Confirmation of Environmental and Social Considerations
- Information Disclosure on Confirmation of Environmental and Social Considerations
- Summary of Objection Procedures Based on Guidelines for Confirmation of Environmental and Social Considerations
- About the Process of Revising JBIC Guidelines for Confirmation of Environmental and Social Considerations
- Agreement on Environmental Assessment