In conducting financing under GREEN operations, JBIC established Guidelines for Measurement, Reporting and Verification of GHG Emission Reductions in JBIC's GREEN (the J-MRV Guidelines) in June 2010.
JBIC sets forth establishment of an Advisory Committee (Committee) consisting of members having expertise and experience in climate change mitigation projects, the Kyoto Mechanisms, ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards and other methods for quantifying emission reductions of energy-utilizing projects.
Based on the J-MRV Guidelines, JBIC appointed the following Committee members from this year to the end of March 2019.
Advisory Committee Members
- Mr. Atsushi Kurosawa (The Institute of Applied Energy)
- Mr. Yasuki Shirakawa (Climate Consulting, LLC)
- Mr. Tsuyoshi Nakao (ERM Japan Ltd.)
- Mr. Kuniyuki Nishimura (Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.)
- Mr. Ryuji Matsuhashi (The University of Tokyo)
- Mr. Shunsuke Managi (Kyushu University)
- Mr. Kazuhito Yamada (Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd.)
The Committee can submit opinions to JBIC on the following matters upon request from JBIC:
- Amount of emission reductions attributable to the projects under the J-MRV Guidelines;
- Provisons of the J-MRV Guidelines and J-MRV methodologies (as revised from time to time) and other related matters;
- Other matters necessary for efficient implementation of the J-MRV Guidelines; and
- Annual review of methodologies.
JBIC will continue improving the J-MRV Guidelines by considering opinions from the Advisory Committee by taking into account lessons learned from application to JBIC's operations as well as international discussions on measurement, reporting and verification of GHG emissions.