- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Equity Participations
June 9, 2010
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; President & CEO: Hiroshi Watanabe)*1 signed on June 8 an agreement for equity participation in the DI Asian Industrial Fund, L.P. that invests in Vietnamese growth companies. The Fund, jointly managed by Dream Incubator Inc. (DI) and ORIX Corporation (ORIX), is launched with initial capital commitment of approximately 5 billion yen, of which 1 billion yen will be contributed by JBIC.
- The Fund is a private equity fund investing in growth companies in Vietnam. It makes investments in companies that need funding and technology to grow and provides support, including matchmaking business alliances with Japanese companies, thereby enhancing their corporate value. Its investments are expected to stimulate the growth of Vietnamese firms, while also helping the business development of Japanese firms in Vietnam, a country which is promising as a manufacturing base as well as a market for consumer products.
- DI and ORIX have designated business projects in the Asian region as one of their priority areas, therefore, they view the Fund as one of their priority business ventures. JBIC has a policy of actively supporting funds where Japanese firms perform a major role in management and making investment decisions. Since DI and ORIX jointly manage the Fund, JBIC's equity participation in the Fund is expected to contribute to their overseas business development.
- JBIC will stand firm behind Japanese industries, as they make efforts to maintain and improve their international competitiveness by drawing on a wide range of its financial instruments and schemes.