- Region: The Middle East
- Machinery and Equipment
November 19, 2012
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Export Credit Bank of Turkey (Turk Eximbank), for the purpose of information exchange on future collaboration in financing.*1
- The objective of this MOU is to explore the future cooperation between JBIC and Turk Eximbank for supporting the financing of Japanese exports to Turkey and its neighboring countries, and to exchange information regarding potential projects involving the export of Japanese machinery and equipment from Japan under the future financing cooperation.
- In recent years, there have been growing expectations on the export of machinery and equipment from Japan to Turkey and its neighboring countries through collaboration between Japanese and Turkish companies, and also on the major role JBIC should play therein. Under these circumstances, there has been growing interest in the business deployment of Japanese companies in Turkey and its neighboring countries, through the enhancement of the relationship between JBIC and Turk Eximbank.
- JBIC will continue to support Japanese companies' overseas businesses deployment, in collaboration with such foreign financial institutions in Turkey and its neighboring countries, by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and by performing its risk-assuming function.
- *1 Although the MOU was already concluded on November 15, 2012, the press release was issued today, after the related procedures of relevant parties have been completed.