- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
April 18, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on operational cooperation with The Gunma Bank, Ltd. (Gunma Bank) for the purpose of supporting overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, especially mid-tier enterprises as well as small and medium sized enterprises (collectively "SMEs"), located in the North Kanto area centering Gunma Prefecture.
- In the North Kanto area, SMEs mainly in transport equipment manufacturing have been pushing forward their overseas business deployment by setting up manufacturing bases mainly in the Asian region. And they are accelerating overseas business deployment to capture growing demand of the middle income class backed with recent economic growth of emerging countries. Under these circumstances, the Gunma Bank actively supports its customers' overseas business activities by opening a representative office in Shanghai and setting up a local subsidiary in Hong Kong.
- Given these developments, this MOU is intended to support the overseas business deployment of Japanese companies located in the North Kanto area in close cooperation between JBIC and the Gunma Bank, through providing information on overseas investment environment and effort for expansion of cofinancing projects.
- JBIC will continue to develop and strengthen the overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, including SMEs, by collaborating with Japanese local financial institutions.