- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
May 15, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a memorandum of understanding (MOU) on operational cooperation with Seibu Shinkin Bank (Seibu Shinkin), for the purpose of supporting overseas business deployment of mid-tier enterprises as well as small and medium sized enterprises (collectively "SMEs") located in the West Tokyo, Southwest Saitama and North Kanagawa areas.
- SMEs, mainly in the manufacturing business, located in Seibu Shinkin's business area have been developing overseas business deployment mainly in the Asian region. And they are accelerating overseas business deployment to capture growing demand of the middle income class backed with recent economic growth of emerging countries. To meet their customers' needs, Seibu Shinkin actively supports its customers' overseas business activities by setting up an overseas business development support desk.
- Under these circumstances, this MOU is intended to support the overseas business deployment of local Japanese SMEs in the above area, in close cooperation between JBIC and Seibu Shinkin, through providing information on overseas investment environment and effort for expansion of cofinancing projects.
- JBIC will continue to develop and strengthen the overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, including SMEs, by collaborating with Japanese local financial institutions.