- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Overseas Investment Loans
May 22, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a loan agreement totaling up to 35 million U.S. dollars (JBIC portion) with PT. Mitsui Leasing Capital Indonesia (MLCI), a subsidiary of JA Mitsui Leasing, Ltd. (JA Mitsui Leasing). The loan is cofinanced with private financial institutions and intended to partially fund MLCI's sales financing business covering mainly Japanese automobiles in Indonesia.
- Indonesia's automobile market is growing backed with the country's steady economic growth, and continues to be the important market for Japanese automobile manufacturers having a large market share there. Also, the automobile sales financing continues to be an essential sales tool for every automobile manufacturer to expand automobile sales in Indonesia as it is very popular to use sales financing for the purchase of automobiles there. JA Mitsui Leasing has built its operating network all over Indonesia since the inception of MLCI in 1993, and plans to further expand its business in the Indonesia's growing automobile market.
- This loan will support the overseas sales financing business of automobiles by Japanese companies, including JA Mitsui Leasing's overseas business expansion, and thereby, contribute to maintaining and improving the international competiveness of the Japanese automobile industry.
- JBIC will continue to support the overseas business deployment of Japanese companies by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and performing its risk-assuming function.