- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
- Overseas Investment Loans
June 20, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed a loan agreement*1 totaling up to 550 thousand U.S. dollars (JBIC portion) with Nagato Heat Treatment (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (NHTT), a subsidiary in Thailand of Nagato Co., Ltd. (Nagato; Representative Director and President: Hiroyuki Uchida), a small and medium-sized enterprise in Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture. The loan is cofinanced with THE YAMAGUCHI BANK, Ltd., which brings the overall cofinancing amount to 1,050 thousand U.S. dollars.
- The loan is intended to finance the expansion of heat-treatment processing facilities of NHTT which plans to supply local subsidiaries of Japanese automobile manufactures with heat-treated automobile parts in Thailand.
- Nagato has been in the metal heat-treatment processing business since its inception in 1965 and established NHTT in 2012 in Thailand, and plans to expand its metal heat-treatment processing business backed with steady economic growth of Thailand. Thus, this loan contributes to maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries, through supporting of the overseas business deployment of Nagato.
- As a public financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, including mid-tier enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises, by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and by performing its risk-assuming function.
- *1 Although the loan agreement was already concluded on June 4, 2013, the press release was issued today, after the related procedures have been completed.