- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
- Overseas Investment Loans
July 19, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today, loan agreements with General Co., Ltd. (General; Head office: Osaka Prefecture; President and CEO: Masanori Kuwata). The loans are cofinanced with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- The loans are intended to provide long-term funds, which IS INDUSTRIES SDN. BHD. (ISI), a company incorporated in Malaysia, a subsidiary of General, needs its manufacturing and sales business of office automation-related products conducted by ISI.
- General is a long-established company that started business in 1914. By making use of the manufacturing technology of carbon papers cultivated over the years, it has been manufacturing and selling office automation-related products primarily as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for major electrical manufacturers. It established ISI in 2001 and started manufacturing and selling office automation-related products in Malaysia, such as thermal transfer ribbons. With its sights set on the promising prospect of the sustained growth in the ASEAN market, given its robust growth, General intends to expand office automation-related business in the ASEAN region by building a new plant through ISI. These loans will support business deployment of General and therefore contribute to maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries.
- As a public financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, including mid-tier enterprises as well as small and medium-sized enterprises, by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and performing its risk-assuming function.