- Region: Latin America and the Caribbean
- Manufacturing and Services
- Overseas Investment Loans
August 20, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed a loan agreement with Mazda Logistica de Mexico S.A. de C.V., a subsidiary of Mazda Logistics Co., Ltd. (Mazda Logistics) in Mexico. The loan is cofinanced with a private financial institution.
- The loan will finance the procurement of facilities necessary for auto parts transport, warehousing and packaging by Mazda Logistica de Mexico S.A. de C.V., in which Mazda Logistics has established in Salamanca, Estado de Guanajuato, Mexico.
- Mazda Logistics intends to strengthen its overseas business operations in Mexico by establishing Mazda Logistica de Mexico S.A. de C.V. as a logistics node, since automobile production has been expanding and automakers, including Mazda's Japanese suppliers, have been entering this market in droves. This loan will contribute to maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of the Japanese auto-related industry through support for overseas business deployment of Mazda Logistics.
- As a public financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas business operations of Japanese companies by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects and performing its risk-assuming function.