- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
- Overseas Investment Loans
August 30, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a loan agreement amounting to 181 million yen (JBIC portion) with Kaise Industry Ltd. (Kaise; Headquarters: Tokyo; President: Midori Kaise). The loan is cofinanced with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- The loan is intended to finance the expansion of a production facility of metal pipes by Kaise Thailand CO., LTD (KTC), a subsidiary of Kaise in Thailand.
- Kaise manufactures and sells various metal pipe products for refrigerators, air conditioners, gas fittings such as water heaters, air conditioning appliances, automobiles, and housing facilities. As the first step of the company's overseas business strategy, it established KTC in 2001, which is the first overseas business base, and supplies the products to local subsidiaries of Japanese companies. Amid the demand for pipe products expected to grow, backed with steady economic growth in the Asian region, Kaise plans to expand KTC's production capacity and business scale in Thailand. Thus, this loan contributes to maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries, through supporting of the overseas business deployment of KTC.
- As a public financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, including mid-tier enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises, in growing markets such as Thailand, by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and performing its risk-assuming function.