- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
- Overseas Investment Loans
September 2, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a loan agreement amounting up to 10 million yen (JBIC portion) with NAGATSU VIETNAM COMPANY LIMITED (NVC), a subsidiary of Nagatsu Industries Ltd. (Nagatsu Industries; Headquarters: Kyoto; Representative Director: Shigeo Tsuda). The loan is cofinanced with The Kyoto Shinkin Bank, which brings the overall cofinancing amount to 40 million yen.
- The loan is intended to finance manufacturing and sales of construction equipment parts such as hydraulic-related parts utilized in hydraulic shovels and bulldozers, and magnetic sensors by NVC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Nagatsu Industries in Vietnam.
- Nagatsu Industries manufactures and sells construction equipment parts since its foundation in 1960 and established NVC in Vietnam in 2007. Amid the expectation that the steady demand for construction equipment will continue centering Asia, the company plans to strengthen its production capacity at NVC. Thus, this loan contributes to maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries, through supporting of the overseas business deployment of Nagatsu Industries.
- As a public financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas business deployment of Japanese companies, including mid-tier enterprises as well as small and medium-sized enterprises, in growing markets such as Vietnam, by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes for structuring projects, and performing its risk-assuming function.