- Region: Asia
- Manufacturing and Services
- Mid-tier Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
- Overseas Investment Loans
September 26, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a loan agreement totaling up to 147 million yen (JBIC portion) with EPOCH COMPANY, LIMITED. (EPOCH; Headquarters: Tokyo; President and C.E.O: Michihiro Maeda) for parts of the funds to acquire a Chinese toy company by EPOCH TOYS (HK) CO LIMITED, a wholly owned subsidiary of EPOCH in the Peoples Republic of China. The loan is cofinanced with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- EPOCH, a well-established toymaker, is expanding the overseas businesses by setting up its sales bases in the U.S., Singapore, Germany and other countries, after establishing its own manufacturing factory in China in 2007. The company plans to strengthen its manufacturing and sales capacity in China with this acquisition. Moreover, it's pushing global business expansion by setting up a sales base in Brazil, South America, in addition to the existing sales networks in North America, Europe and Asia.
- The loan is intended to support the global business deployment of EPOCH. Thus, the loan contributes to supporting overseas expansion and new businesses deployment as well as maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries by providing the long-term financing necessary for overseas M&A by Japanese companies.
- As a public financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas M&A activities of Japanese companies by drawing on its various financial facilities and schemes, in collaboration with private financial institutions.