The Mission of JBIC
JBIC's mission is to contribute to the sound development of Japan and international economy and society by conducting financial operation in the following four fields:
- Promoting the overseas development and securement of resources which are important for Japan
- Maintaining and improving the international competitiveness of Japanese industries
- Promoting the overseas business having the purpose of preserving the global environment, such as preventing global warming
- Preventing disruptions to international financial order or taking appropriate measures with respect to damages caused by such disruption
|Name||Japan Bank for International Cooperation（JBIC）|
|Office||4-1 Ohtemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8144, Japan|
|Capital||¥ 2,023.8 billion|
|Outstandings (Loans and Equity Participations)||¥ 15,146.4 billion (as of March 31, 2022)|
|Outstanding (Guarantees)||¥ 1,724.8 billion (as of March 31, 2022)|
Organizational ChartJapan Bank for International Cooperation Organizational Chart
List of Countries and Regions Covered by JBIC
Directors and Corporate Auditors
|Managing Director, Chairman of the Board of Directors||MAEDA Tadashi|
|Deputy Governor||AMAKAWA Kazuhiko|
|Executive Managing Director||HASHIYAMA Shigeto|
|Senior Managing Director||OISHI Ichiro|
|Senior Managing Director||TANAKA Kazuhiko|
|Senior Managing Director||TANIMOTO Masayuki|
|Managing Director (Outside Director)||KOIZUMI Shinichi|
|Managing Director (Outside Director)||KAWAMURA Yoshinori|
|Corporate Auditor (Full-Time Corporate Auditor)||NASU Noriko|
|Corporate Auditor (Outside Corporate Auditor)||TSUCHIYA Mitsuaki|
|Corporate Auditor (Outside Corporate Auditor)||MOTOMURA Aya|
JBIC Corporate Philosophy
JBIC conducts its operations under the purpose stipulated in Article 1 of JAPAN BANK FOR INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION ACT with following Corporate Philosophy, Corporate Slogan, and Code of Conduct.
Positioned at the crossroads of global business opportunities, JBIC is opening new venues to the future for the Japanese and global economy.
Pioneering new value by participating at the forefront of overseas project development, and by engaging proactively in projects from the early stages
Offering customers one‐of‐a‐kind solutions by adopting their perspectives and integrating their views into policy development
Contributing to the sustainable development of Japan and the world as a whole by deploying highly professional skills, with a view to realizing a secure and affluent future society
JBIC Code of Conduct
Click to jump to the relevant section.
4-1 Ohtemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-8144,Japan
(Legal Affairs and Compliance Office and IT Planning and Operations Administration Department:
14th floor, Keidanren Kaikan 3-2 Ohtemachi 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0004,Japan)
Directions to JBIC head office
Since the first floor of the northern part of the building that houses the JBIC head office is used by KKR Hotel Tokyo as its lobby, please enter the main entrance facing the south (near Takebashi Station of Tokyo Metro and the moat of the Imperial Palace when you visit the JBIC head office.
- Head office map for Taxi Driver (in Japanese)
Please print the above PDF file and show it to a taxi driver.
- From Takebashi Station of Tokyo Metro Tozai Line:
Exit the fare gate on the Otemachi end of the platform. Exit 3b (Directly connected)
- From Otemachi Station of Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line, Hanzomon Line, Marunouchi Line, Tozai Line or Toei Subway Mita Line:
Exit C2b. Walk west toward the Imperial Palace. Turn right on Uchibori-dori Ave. Cross Uchibori-dori. at traffic light in front of the Japan Meteorological Agency. (5 minutes on foot)
- From Jinbocho Station of Tokyo Metro Hanzomon Line, Toei Subway Mita Line or Shinjuku Line:
Exit A7 or A9. Walk north down Hakusan-dori Ave. toward the Imperial Palace. Cross traffic light to the left (east) at the Hirakawamon intersection (T-junction). JBIC head office is next to Marubeni headquarters building. (5 minutes on foot)
- (Legal Affairs and Compliance Office and IT Planning and Operations Administration Department)
From Otemachi Station of Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line, Hanzomon Line, Marunouchi Line, Tozai Line or Toei Subway Mita Line: Exit C2b (Directly connected)
- From the direction of Kasumigaseki:
Drive down Uchibori-dori Ave. toward Ochanomizu. Turn left at the traffic light in front of the Japan Meteorological Agency.
To go to the parking (ground-based / underground), drive past traffic light in front of the Japan Meteorological Agency. Turn left before the Metropolitan Expressway overpass. The parking gate is on the left.
- From the direction of Chidorigafuchi:
Drive Uchibori-dori Ave. toward Otemachi. Pass the Hirakawamon intersection (T-junction). JBIC head office is on the left past Marubeni headquraters building.
To go to the parking (ground-based / underground), turn left at traffic light in front of the Japan Meteorological Agency. Turn left before the Metropolitan Expressway overpass. The parking gate is on the left.
23rd floor, HERBIS ENT Office Tower 2-22 Umeda 2-chome,
Kita-ku, Osaka-city, Osaka 530-0001, Japan
Directions to Osaka Branch
- 2-minute walk from the Sakurabashi Exit of Osaka Station (JR)
- 4-minute walk from the West Gate of Kitashinchi Station (JR Tozai Line)
- Few-minute walk from the West Gate of Osaka Umeda Station (Hanshin Railway)
- 12-minute walk from the Central Gate of Osaka Umeda Station (Hankyu Railway)
- Few-minute walk from the North Gate of Nishi-Umeda Station (Osaka Metro Yotsubashi Line)
- 5-minute walk from the South Gate of Umeda Station (Osaka Metro Midosuji Line)
- 6-minute walk from the North Gate of Higashi-Umeda Station (Osaka Metro Tanimachi Line)
*The Osaka Branch office is directly accessible from all these stations via underground walkways.
- There are parking spaces available in the third to fourth basement floors of HERBIS PLAZA ENT building.