Japan Bank for International Cooperation (hereinafter "JBIC") positions the trust of our clients as our first priority, deeply recognizes the importance of our clients' personal information, and believes that it is our duty to our clients to properly manage and protect their personal information.
With a view to protecting our clients' personal information, JBIC will conduct our operations in a manner whereby we observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information Held by Independent Administrative Agencies, etc. (hereinafter "Act"), the Guidance concerning the Measures to Properly Manage the Personal Information held by Independent Administrative Agencies, etc. and so forth.
Acquisition of Personal Information
JBIC will acquire our clients' personal information through proper and lawful means. When we acquire personal information from our clients directly in writing, we will specify in advance the purposes for its use that are within the necessary scope of JBIC's operations.
Use of Personal Information
JBIC will specify the purposes for use in obtaining the necessary personal information of our clients as listed below, and will use it within the scope that is necessary to achieve such purposes:
- A. Loan, equity participation, and guarantee operations, and their related due diligence exercise and research (or their supplementary work)
- B. Execution of agreements with JBIC, and exercise of rights and performance of obligations under laws, etc.
- C. Confirmation of personal identity as per such laws as Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade Act (Act No. 228, 1949)
- D. Invitation to events (such as seminars) organized by JBIC
- E. Delivery of various JBIC - related materials
- F. Issuance and collection of surveys and questionnaires, and statistical processing and analysis of such outcomes
- G. Operations necessary for responding to questions and inquiries, and for dealing with transactions including queries from JBIC, in a proper and smooth manner
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
JBIC will not provide the personal information acquired from its clients to third parties except in the following cases:
- A. It is required by law.
- B. It is provided within the scope of the purposes for use as prescribed above.
- C. Consent is obtained from the clients.
- D. There are convincing reasons why executive agencies, independent administrative agencies, local municipal entities or local independent administrative agencies would use it to the necessary extent to carry out the law-stipulated operations.
- E. It is used for statistics compilation or academic research.
- F. It is clearly beneficial to the clients or there exist special reasons to provide personal information.
JBIC may subcontract the handling of our clients' personal information to conduct such operations more smoothly. In such cases, JBIC will attempt to select a trustworthy subcontractor, enter into a confidentiality agreement, adequately supervise the handling and administering of the personal information, and assure the protection of personal information.
Personal Information Management (PIM)
- A. JBIC will attempt to keep our clients' personal information correct and updated, and take prevention and safety measures against unauthorized access, leakage, loss, damage, and alteration of personal information.
- B. JBIC will constantly educate its employees about the protection and proper management of our clients' personal information to thoroughly make sure of its proper handling in its daily operations.
- C. JBIC will audit and inspect whether the protection and management of personal information is undertaken properly.
Disclosure, Correction, and Disuse
If a client wishes to make a request to disclose, correct or disuse the clients' personal information held by JBIC, we will deal with such a request by following the procedure of disclosure etc. stipulated in the Act. Meanwhile, there are some cases when such disclosure etc. could be made out of the procedure of disclosure etc. stipulated in the Act, for which please contact our Head Office or Osaka Branch.
Inquiries about Personal Information Management (PIM)
For inquiries or complaints about the clients' personal information management (PIM) at JBIC, please contact our Head Office or Osaka Branch.
JBIC will continuously improve the clients' personal information management (PIM) as necessary.