Social Media Guidelines
Scope of These Guidelines
These Guidelines (hereinafter “the Guidelines”) apply to all users (hereinafter “Users”) who make use of, which means any act of using including simply viewing, the undermentioned official accounts of Japan Bank for International Cooperation (hereinafter “JBIC”) on the social media accounts that are operated by JBIC (hereinafter individually and collectively “JBIC’s Official Accounts”) in relation to the services provided to Users by JBIC (hereinafter “the Services”). Users are kindly requested to read carefully and agree to the Guidelines before making use of the Services.
Please note that the operation of JBIC’s Official Accounts may be discontinued and that the information contained on JBIC’s Official Accounts may be deleted, changed, or corrected by JBIC, without prior notice to Users.
JBIC’s Official Accounts
JBIC’s Official Accounts is primarily for the purpose of publicizing information. Please note that JBIC will basically not reply or respond to comments or inquiries sent by Users through the reply or comment functions of the social media services, such as “Reply,” “Comment,” and “Direct Message.” To make a comment, request, or inquiry in relation to JBIC or JBIC’s Official Accounts, please contact the Press and External Affairs Division, Corporate Planning Department at JBIC.
The copyright labeled “Japan Bank for International Cooperation” protects JBIC’s Official Accounts. Additionally the constituent elements of the whole site are protected by a separate copyright attached to the text, the graphics, and other elements.
The information included in JBIC’s Official Accounts may be copied or reproduced except for the following cases. When copied or reproduced, the source, JBIC, should explicitly be credited.
- (1) Making a copy or reproduction of the content for commercial purposes
- (2) Using the files with notations to contact JBIC*1
- (3) Making a copy or reproduction of the graphics, illustrations, or other image data
In the cases of (1), (2), or (3), please contact the Press and External Affairs Division, Corporate Planning Department at JBIC in advance to request permission.
The content of JBIC’s Official Accounts cannot be altered or erased without the prior permission of JBIC.
*1 For example, those labeled “Please contact the Press and External Affairs Division, Corporate Planning Department at JBIC to request permission to copy or reproduce.”
- JBIC’s Official Accounts is for the purposes of making known JBIC, providing information in connection with JBIC’s operations, and for other uses, and is not used to solicit investments or recommend specific investments.
- JBIC shall have no liability for the accuracy, integrity, certainty, availability, etc., of any information contained on JBIC’s Official Accounts. Users will make use of the information contained on JBIC’s Official Accounts at their own judgement and responsibility.
- The information publicized on JBIC’s Official Accounts by JBIC or JBIC’s employees does not necessarily represent official announcements by or the opinions of JBIC. For official announcements by and the opinions of JBIC, please see information such as Press Releases on the websites of JBIC.
- JBIC shall have no liability for the content posted by Users.
- JBIC shall have no liability for any damage that Users incur by making use of JBIC’s Official Accounts or because of the unavailability of JBIC’s Official Accounts.
- JBIC shall have no liability for any damage that Users or third parties incur because of trouble between Users or among Users and third parties. In the case that a User caused damage to a third party or other trouble arises, the User shall resolve the trouble with the third party at the User’s own responsibility and at the User’s own expense.
- JBIC shall have no liability for any damage that is attributable to or arises from matters in connection with JBIC’s Official Accounts as well as the aforementioned items 1 and 6.
- In principle, the copyrights, etc., in the content concerning posts by Users belong to the Users who made the posts, but by making a post, the User of the post shall be deemed to have granted JBIC the right to use (including but not limited to reproduction, processing, distribution, and transmission to the public) its content inside and outside Japan without compensation exclusively and shall be deemed to have agreed to not exercise the copyrights and the like against JBIC.
- JBIC may change the Guidelines without prior notice to Users.
When making use of JBIC’s Official Accounts, please refrain from making posts whose content falls under the undermentioned descriptions. In the case that a post by a User has content that falls under any of these descriptions, JBIC may remove the post or take other necessary action, without notice to the User who made the post.
- Content that impersonates others including JBIC (including JBIC’s employees).
- Content that is inappropriate, such as content that contains obscene expressions, violent expressions, etc.
- Harmful computer programs or similar.
- Content that infringes the rights (including but not limited to copyrights, patents, utility model rights, design rights, and trademark rights) of JBIC (including JBIC’s employees) or third parties.
- Content that libels, damages the credit of, defames, or discriminates JBIC (including JBIC’s employees) or third parties.
- Content that makes known or advertises specific corporations or similar, or their stores, products, services, etc.
- Content that identifies, discloses, or reveals the personal information of others without their consent.
- Content that breaches the terms and conditions stipulated by social media operators for users of the social media and other rules and regulations that Users should comply with.
- Content that is or JBIC considers unlawful or offensive to public order and/or morals.
- Content that is a political activity, electoral activity, religious activity, or similar activities.
- Content that JBIC considers inappropriate in the context of the purposes of JBIC’s Official Accounts.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Guidelines are governed by the laws of Japan. In the case that a problem that cannot be resolved by the Guidelines arises between JBIC and a User in relation to making use of JBIC’s Official Accounts or the Services, discussions shall be held in good faith between JBIC and the User to resolve the problem. In the case that the discussions fail to resolve the problem and there is a need for a lawsuit, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive primary jurisdiction.