Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC)
In conducting financing under GREEN operations, JBIC established the Guidelines for Measurement, Reporting and Verification of GHG Emission Reductions in JBIC's GREEN (the" J-MRV Guidelines") in June 2010.
JBIC has established an Advisory Committee ("the Committee") consisting of members having expertise and experience in climate change mitigation projects and other methods for quantifying the emission reductions of energy utilizing projects. Based on the J-MRV Guidelines, JBIC appointed the following Committee members from this year to the end of March 2025.
- Mr. Atsushi Kurosawa (The University of Kyusyu)
- Mr. Yasuki Shirakawa (Climate Consulting, LLC)
- Mr. Tsuyoshi Nakao (Global Carbon Consulting, LLC)
- Mr. Kuniyuki Nishimura (Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.)
- Mr. Ryuji Matsuhashi (The University of Tokyo)
- Mr. Kazuhito Yamada (Pacific Consultants Co., Ltd.)
JBIC continues undertaking measures in the global environment field by applying the Committee's expert knowledge.