MenuClose

• JP
  • SearchClose
About JBIC
About JBIC

This page introduces information on JBIC's role and organization.

Close

Support Menu
Support Menu

JBIC offers a range of financial products and other services to our clients.

Close

Business Areas
Business Areas

Information about JBIC's activities in each business area and its efforts for environmental conservation.

Close

Public Information
Public Information

Various reports compiled and contributed by JBIC

Close

Sustainability
Sustainability

JBIC's Sustainability Initiatives

Close

Press Releases
Press Releases

Press-release-related web pages.

Close

Investor Relations
Investor Relations

This page introduces information on JBIC's investor relations.

Close

Loan for Acquisition of Convenience Store Business under Speedway Brand in United States by Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd.
Supporting Overseas Business Expansion of Japanese Company

• Region: North America
  • Manufacturing and Services
  • Others
  • Overseas Investment Loans
December 30, 2021
  1. The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: MAEDA Tadashi) signed a loan agreement*1 amounting to up to USD2,600 million with Seven & i Holdings Co., Ltd. (7&i HD). The loan is co-financed with Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, MUFG Bank, Ltd., Mizuho Bank, Ltd., Resona Bank, Limited, and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited.

2. The loan is intended to finance part of the funds necessary for 7&i HD to acquire, through its consolidated subsidiary 7-Eleven, Inc. (SEI) in the United States, the shares and other interests of the companies operating the convenience store and fuel retail businesses mainly under the Speedway brand. The acquisition price is USD21,000 million.

3. 7&i HD views its overseas convenience store business as one of the core areas of its group’s growth strategy and positions the convenience store business in the North American market, where solid economic growth is expected, as a particularly important growth engine for the group. By this acquisition, SEI would have presence in 47 of the 50 most populated metropolitan areas in the United States and will further increase its presence in the North American convenience store market. This loan supports the overseas business deployment of 7&i HD by providing necessary long-term foreign currency funds for M&A by the Japanese company. Thereby, it will back up its overseas expansion of existing business as well as new business deployment, and contribute toward maintaining and strengthening of the international competitiveness of Japanese industries.

4. As Japan’s policy-based financial institution, JBIC will continue to support overseas M&A activities of Japanese companies and their overseas business expansion in collaboration with private financial institutions.

Note
  1. *1 
    The loan agreement was signed on November 26, 2021.

Search press releases

Fiscal Years
Sectors
Region
Finance Menu