- Region: North America
- Manufacturing and Services
- Overseas Investment Loans
March 26, 2013
- The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC; Governor: Hiroshi Okuda) signed today a loan agreement totaling 678 million U.S. dollars (JBIC portion) with Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited (MUL) for funding part of its acquisition of all the outstanding equity interests of JSA International Holdings, L.P. (JSAH, country of incorporation: Cayman Islands), an aircraft leasing company. The loan is cofinanced with The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ.
- MUL is currently strengthening its diversification of revenue sources through expansion of business areas and offering function, especially in the area of assets financing related to aircraft that demand is expected to grow globally. Under the circumstances, MUL, through the acquisition of JSAH, intends to meet the increasing volume of air travelers on the back of the growth in emerging markets, and the globally growing demand for commercial aircraft against the backdrop of emerging low-cost carriers (LCCs), thus this loan supports the overseas business deployment of MUL.
- JBIC will continue to support overseas M&A activities of Japanese companies in cooperation with private financial institutions.